Friday, February 11, 2005

Little Miss Anna-Claire Holly: Born 01/28/2005

Well...Well. Where do I start. Anna-Claire was due February 22, 2005. On the morning of Friday, January 28, 2005, Hagan woke up and was super sick. Basically he was puking everywhere. So, I stayed home from work to take care of him. He finally started feeling better that evening. Mark got home around 8:00 and hit the sack early. It was about 9:30 pm, Hagan and I were snuggling on the couch, watching TV, then BAM!, my water broke. I was in immediate pain and was trying to get Mark to wake up and be coherant enough to understand that I REALLY was in LABOR! It was cold and raining outside, I was in my pajamas, Hagan was in his pajamas, and I didn't even have a bag packed for the hospital. I knew we had NO TIME, so we jumped (actually I waddled) in the car. Mark drove to the hospital really fast (which is about 5 minutes away). We get to Labor and Delivery, the Nurses were WONDERFUL! But they did not understand me when I kept saying...........I AM IN SERIOUS PAIN, AND SHE IS COMING RIGHT NOW!!! WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO WEIGH ME, ASK ME QUESTIONS, AND GET INTO THAT GOWN! GIVE ME SOME MEDICINE........RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!! The Nurse checked me, I was dilated to a 5, she called Dr Welsh to come deliver this baby. In the meantime, I am really, really, really wanting my epidural, and praying that the Anistheologist gets there fast. She checks me 3 minutes later and I am dilated to a 10. The Nurses are telling me to wait, wait, wait, Dr Welsh will be here in a minute. I am begging for medicine of ANY kind at this point. The Nurse looks at me in a very sweet voice and says "I am sorry Kelly, we can't give you any pain medicine, you are going to have this baby in a matter of minutes." I start crying and tell her "OK, then she is coming out RIGHT NOW, I am not waiting for Dr Welsh, or anyone else to show up, she is coming NOW!" So, Anna-Claire was born, weighing 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long, the Nurse delivered her. She was 4 weeks early. Dr Welsh walks into the delivery room about 5 minutes after she was born........I asked if I got a discount for him not delivering her, he just laughed. From the time I walked into the Hospital, I delivered her in 23 minutes. The Nurses called her the Miracle Baby. Dr Welsh's Advice: "Don't buy her a really fast car when she turns 16!" She has had a mind of her own since she came into this world. She has places to go and people to see, that's for sure!
H-3.5 AC-2W  Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

April Carrasco said...

Yes! You now have a blog! I want to be the first comment by congratulating. I am still amazed that you had Anna-Claire with no meds. I truly cannot imagine having a baby with no meds. You will always be my hero and of course my friend. Love you Holly family.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow girl! I never got to here your wonderful story! What an amazing situation you went through!

Congrats!!! :)